About Us   |   FAQ   |   Reservation Terms   |   Advertise with Us    |   Partner Links   |   Contact Us   |   Sitemap  
  Macau Hotel
All Macau Hotel
Macau City Hotel
Taipa Hotel
Coloane Hotel
 
  Worldwide Hotel
All Brunei Hotel
All Cambodia Hotel
All Indonesia Hotel
All Macau Hotel
All Malaysia Hotel
All Singapore Hotel
All South Korea Hotel
All Taiwan Hotel
All Thailand Hotel
All Vietnam Hotel
 
  Travel Tools
Currency Converter
Timezone Converter
Weather Forcast
 
 
Home >> Hotel >> Macau Hotel >> Macau Hotels

Macau
Macau

There are two sides to Macau. On one side, Macau's former colonial master Portugal, has left behind its unique influence in the fortresses, churches and food. And on the other side, Macau is the Las Vegas of the East.

During the past few years, Macau went through rapid growth in the tourism industry. Numerous Vegas-style mega-casinos and hotels were constructed. Casinos are legal in Macau. Therefore, the government and industry players saw the big opportunity in investing in this entertainment tourism sector.

However, there is much more to Macau than just gambling. The peninsula and the islands of Coloane and Taipa abound in colourful culture and greenery. The Portuguese influence is to be found in every corner. For example, cobbled back streets, baroque churches, stone fortresses, Art Deco buildings and restful parks and gardens are hard to miss. This unique blend of East and West has been recognised by Unesco, which named 30 buildings and squares collectively as the Historic Centre of MacauWorld Heritage Site in 2005. Besides that, there are also several world-class museums.

If you've been to China before, you'll notice that Macau is very different from China. About 95% of residents are Chinese, while the remaining 5 % is mostly made up of Portuguese and Macanese (people with mixed Portuguese, Chinese and/or African blood). This fusion of Mediterranean and Asian people, culture, food and much more make Macauan unforgettable destination.

   
Back to Previous Page Back   Top Of Page
 
About Us   |   FAQ   |   Reservation Terms   |   Advertise with Us    |   Partner Links   |   Contact Us   |   Sitemap  
 
 
 
© 2000 -  Holidayasia.com - All Rights Reserved.